A super quick festive make!
I will be the first to admit that I’m a serial procrastinator… I can be working on one project when my mind wanders off to something else and before I know it, I’ve started something new!
Which is exactly how these cute this stars came about!
While working on one particularly festive order recently, I started playing around with some cotton yarn and soon I was surrounded by dinky little stars!
These stars are super quick to make up, using only chains and single crochet and 2 rounds! Simply add a thread and they can be used to decorate your tree or for tags on your Christmas gifts, or turned into a garland to hand in the fireplace.
And made in chunky yarn, they’re even better!
- Any weight yarn – for this tutorial, I have used Paintbox Simply Super Chunky
- Crochet hook – make sure this matches your yarn weight (see pattern notes)
- Yarn needle to weave in ends
- This pattern is written in US term – UK terms can be found in the abbreviations section.
- I have made this in both Paintbox Simply Super Chunky and Scheepjes Catona. I used a 10mm hook for the super chunky yarn and a 3.5mm hook for the Scheepjes. I would suggest using a 4mm hook for DK weight and a 4.5mm hook for Aran weight yarns.
- If making in a chunkier yarn and you do not have a suitable yarn needle, you can use a smaller crochet hook to pull you tails through to finish.
- The Ch 1 at the start of each round does not count as a stitch.
- This pattern is worked in a round and should not be turned.
- Any instructions inside the parenthesis [ ] must be worked in to the same ch sp.
- You will be working in the chain spaces only and will miss all sc.
Stitches Used and Abbreviations
- Sl st – Slip stitch
- Ch – chain
- Sc – Single crochet (UK double crochet)
Foundation Chain: Ch 4, sl st in starting ch to form a ring
Row 1: Ch 1, *2 sc, ch 3; 5 times, sl st in first sc (10 sc, 5 ch sp)
Row 2: Sl st to first ch sp and ch 1, *[2 sc, ch 3, 2 sc], miss next 2 sc from prev round: 5 times, sl st in first sc, break yarn and fasten off (20 sc, 5 ch sp)
Weave in your ends and your star is complete!
Simply attach a thread of yarn or ribbon to one of the chain spaces and hanging you beautiful little star on the tree!
I hope you enjoy the pattern and don’t forget to tag me in your makes if your on Instagram!
You can easily turn these little stars in to a garland!
With any colour yarn, make a slip knot and ch 5, sl st in 1st ch to make a loop
*Ch 6, sl st in top corner of star, ch 8; rep from * until all stars are added, ch 11, sl st in 5th ch from hook to create a loop.
Break yarn and fasten off!
© Copyright: This pattern and the photographs belong to Little Duck Crochet. Please do not copy, share, change, resell or forward the pattern in any way. I am happy for you to sell your finished item, a link back to my page would be lovely. Thank you.